Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan is cheesy, crispy and ready in under 10 minutes! It’s an easy to make dinner your family will go crazy over!
Air Fryers make delicious dinners in no time! Brown sugar salmon, garlic butter steak, and parmesan chicken tenders are some of my all-time favorite air fryer dishes. I swear cooking them in an air fryer makes them even better! Nice and easy, too!
Easy and delicious Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Chicken Parmesan is one of those meals you can’t refuse and always has everyone coming back for seconds. It’s top notch! You can’t beat crispy breaded chicken smothered in homemade marinara and cheese. This is a family favorite in our home. Using an air fryer makes throwing them together sooo easy – which is great because my kids keep asking for it! This Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan is one of the few recipes they’ll devour without discomfort. It’s picky eater-friendly!
Whether I’m making fries or chicken, my air fryer makes everything crispy to perfection – no oil required! This Chicken Parmesan is no different. The breading is so flavorful with the perfect crunch. The melted parmesan and panko breadcrumbs add the most amazing flavor and texture to every bite. Honestly, this air fryer chicken parmesan is just as tasty (if not better) than baked. Plus, it takes half the time to cook and is super easy to clean! Get ready for a new delicious obsession.
What you need for your Chicken Parmesan
I love that this recipe uses so many basic ingredients. With just a little cheese, breadcrumbs, and your favorite pasta sauce, you can whip up a delicious, hearty dinner in no time! If you’re looking for measurements, you can find them all in the recipe card below.
- Chicken breast: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts work great here. I cut them in half so they are nice and thin!
- salt: Just a pinch to improve the overall flavor.
- Italian spice mix: I love using Italian seasoning to flavor my chicken! You can buy these at the store or make your own mix at home. You can find my recipe here!
Parmesan garlic breading
- all purpose flour: All-purpose flour is great for giving your chicken a light, crispy outer texture.
- eggs: Whisked together with spices to flavor and flavor your chicken.
- garlic powder: Garlic and parmesan are a match made in heaven! Add for the perfect savory flavor.
- salt: Add to enhance flavor.
- Panko bread crumbs: Added for a light and crisp texture!
- Parmesan: I like to use freshly grated parmesan for the best flavor possible!
- pasta sauce or marinara: Use your favorite pasta sauce or marinara here! I always like to make mine from scratch for the freshest taste.
- Mozzarella: This layer of melty, stretchy goodness is something you can’t skip! Mozzarella is the star of the show.
- Parmesan: For a bit of a spicy flavor, I add grated parmesan on top of each piece of chicken parmesan.
Let’s make chicken parmesan in the air fryer!
This Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan is as easy as it gets. Once you’ve breaded your chicken, it’ll be cooking in minutes! You’ll have golden, cheesy goodness in no time!
- Prepare chicken breast: First, cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise and sprinkle with salt and Italian seasoning mix. Put aside.
- bread station: Create a breading station by placing flour on a plate. In a deep plate, whisk together the egg, salt, and garlic powder. Mix panko breadcrumbs and parmesan in another plate.
- bread chicken: Dust the chicken with flour. Dip well into the egg mixture, shaking off excess egg. Next, brush the chicken with the Parmesan Panko mixture.
- Repeat: Place the chicken on a wire rack and repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
- Cook: Place in the basket of the air fryer and cook at 390 degrees for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add topping: Garnish with marinara sauce and grated cheese and cook in air fryer for a further 3 minutes until chicken reaches 165 degrees and cheese is melted.
Tips and Variations
Once you bite into this delicious, crispy Chicken Parmesan, you’ll be hooked! You might want to make extra, it will fly off your family’s plates! Here are a few tips for making successful chicken parmesan in the air fryer every time.
- Check temperature: You’ll know your chicken is fully cooked through when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Keep chicken thin: The thinner your chicken pieces are, the easier they will cook through. If you can’t get your slices thin enough, you can use a meat tenderizer to flatten them.
- Add heat: Take your chicken parmesan up a notch by adding red pepper flakes to your marinara. I love the touch of spice it adds!
- Serve with: I serve my chicken with parmesan on a bed of pasta with vegetables and a side of green salad. You can also throw in some homemade breadsticks to complete your Italian-inspired dinner!
Storing leftover chicken parmesan from the air fryer
With a dinner this good, there’s a slim chance you’ll even have leftovers to save! Here’s how to save it for a quick and tasty meal!
- In the refrigerator: Your air fryer chicken parmesan will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Remember – the longer the marinara is added, the more likely it is to get soggy.
- post-heating: You can reheat your chicken parmesan in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. This helps keep the outside nice and crispy! Make sure the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit before consuming.
Easier and tastier air fryer meals
Air fryers make eating a breeze! Here are a few of my favorite recipes that will leave you speechless at how insanely good they are! They are super easy to make and will impress your whole family! Enjoy your meal!
Halve each chicken breast lengthwise and sprinkle with salt and Italian seasoning mix. Put aside.
- Create a breading station by placing flour on a plate. In a deep plate, whisk together the egg, salt, and garlic powder. Mix panko breadcrumbs and parmesan on another plate.
Dust the chicken with flour.
Then dip well into the egg mixture, shaking off excess egg.
Finally, toss the chicken in the parmesan panko mixture.
- Place the chicken on a grid and repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
- Place in the basket of the hot air fryer and cook at 390 degrees for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with marinara sauce and grated cheese and cook in air fryer for a further 3 minutes until chicken reaches 165 degrees and cheese is melted.
calories461kcal (23%)carbohydrates22G (7%)protein47G (94%)fat20G (31%)Saturated Fatty Acids10G (50%)Polyunsaturated fat2GMonounsaturated fatty acids6Gtrans fat1Gcholesterol209mg (70%)sodium1882mg (78%)potassium755mg (22%)fiber2G (8th%)sugar4G (4%)Vitamin A846ie (17%)vitamin C6mg (7%)calcium482mg (48%)iron3mg (17%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is an estimate only. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary per household based on the brands you use, measurement methods, and serving sizes.
course Dinner, main course
kitchen Italian, Italian American
keyword Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan, Chicken Parmesan