This is my new homesickness and feel-good cake!
1 cup of yogurt
3/4 cup olive or sunflower oil
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup of feta / white cheese
1/2 cup of grated mozzarella
1 cup pitted and chopped black olives
1/2 or more chopped parsley
2-3 tbsp sesame seeds
2-3 tbsp nigella seeds
– Whisk eggs, oil and yogurt together.
– Add 2 or 3 parts of flour along with salt and baking powder. Mix together and make sure there are no more lumps.
– Fold in the feta / white cheese, parsley, olives and half of the mozzarella cheese.
– Pour the batter into a 9 inch greased or lined cake pan or square.
– Scatter the rest of the mozzarella on top. Sprinkle the sesame and / or nigella generously on top.
– Bake in a preheated oven at 380-390F for 50-60 minutes or until a knife in the center comes out clean.
– Let rest on a rack for 15 minutes to cool and then devour.