Get ready for these chocolate chip cookie dough bars that are sure to become a favorite you make all the time! Perfectly creamy and delicious (and no raw egg), these bars will be devoured by anyone lucky enough to eat them!
If you love these chocolate chip cookie dough bars, you have to try some of my other favorite chocolate chip recipes! Start with these Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, this delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and this delicious Cookie Dough Dip!
A reader’s report
Delicious! Everyone loves these every time I make them. Be perfect every time!
Chocolate chip cookie dough bars
In order. Who’s guilty of eating the cookie dough every time you bake a batch of cookies? It’s pretty much my fault every time. The cookie dough is the best! I found a way to get the same delicious and creamy cookie dough flavor in this recipe. The amazing thing about these bars is that they taste just like cookie dough! And they are hasty. So they don’t make you sick!
The eggs are replaced with one of my favorite ingredients…sweetened condensed milk. It’s the secret ingredient in these cookie dough bars that gives it the best flavor and creamy texture. It takes what you know as cookie dough and takes it a few notches higher. Plus, since these are “cookie dough” bars, they don’t need to be baked! This recipe is easy and delicious.
Ingredients in Cookie Dough bars
The best part about these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars is that they taste just like cookie dough but don’t have that raw egg you’re worried about! Check the recipe card at the end of the post for the exact measurements!
- Butter: I used unsalted butter in this recipe that has been softened to room temperature.
- Brown sugar: Use light brown sugar (packaged) to get the best flavor out of these cookie dough bars.
- vanilla extract: Add a dash of vanilla flavoring to this ingredient.
- Flour: All-purpose flour works great in this recipe!
- Sweetened condensed milk: This is the secret ingredient to making these cookie dough bars perfectly creamy and delicious!
- Mini Chocolate Chips: I use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate if you prefer.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: Creamy peanut butter mixes best and gives the chocolate topping a delicious and smooth texture.
- Milk Chocolate Chips: These are melted down and used on top!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
This recipe is super easy, and you just have to factor in the time it takes to chill and set up the bars! You will be so glad you took the time to make these! You are worth the wait.
- Line pan: Line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
- Combine: In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. This takes about 3 minutes. Add vanilla until combined.
- Mix and fold: Turn the mixer on low and alternate the flour and sweetened condensed milk until combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Put in the pan: Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the 8×8 pan. It will be sticky, so lightly flour your hands if necessary.
- Relax: Cover your bars with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, 3 hours or overnight.
- Add topping and chill: For the topping, combine the peanut butter and ½ cup chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Pour and spread over the chilled dough and refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour.
As with baked cookies, you can modify these chocolate chip cookie dough bars to make them your own! Here are a few ideas for you!
- mix ins You can easily swap out the chocolate chips for another mix of your choice! Try some heather bar bites, some mini M&Ms or even some delicious Reese’s Pieces!
- Add oats: If your favorite cookie dough is oatmeal chocolate chips, then give these cookie dough bars a try! Try using ½ cup flour and 2 cups oatmeal instead of the 2 cups flour. YUM!
- topping: Sprinkle some coarse sea salt on top of your melted chocolate icing before it sets. This adds a delicious savory flavor that accompanies the sweet cookie dough flavor.
How to freeze for later
You can make some more of these chocolate chip cookie dough bars and freeze them for later! Then you can always have them at hand. Place all extras in an airtight container and label with the date. Put it in the freezer and they’ll last about 2-3 months. When you’re ready to eat them, take them out and let them thaw in the fridge.
More delicious cookie dough recipes
If you are interested in the taste of uncooked cookies, I have some delicious recipes for you! I love cookie dough so much that I can’t get enough of trying new recipes for it. Here are some must-try recipes!
Line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. This takes about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and set until combined.
Turn the mixer on low and alternate the flour and sweetened condensed milk until combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the 8×8 pan. It will be sticky, so lightly flour your hands if necessary.
Cover your bars with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, 3 hours or overnight.
For the topping, combine the peanut butter and ½ cup chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Pour and spread over the chilled dough and refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour.
Originally published September 1, 2019
Updated May 20, 2022
calories417kcal (21%)carbohydrates57G (19%)protein7G (14%)Fat19G (29%)Saturated Fatty Acids10G (50%)Polyunsaturated fat1GMonounsaturated fatty acids4Gtrans fat1Gcholesterol28mg (9%)sodium89mg (4%)potassium170mg (5%)fiber2G (8th%)sugar42G (47%)Vitamin A306ie (6%)vitamin C1mg (1%)calcium120mg (12%)iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is an estimate only. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary per household based on the brands you use, measurement methods, and serving sizes.
keyword Bar Recipes, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars, Cookie Dough Bars