These eggnog pancakes are a MUST have this holiday season! They are soft and sweet and will melt right in your mouth. The touch of eggnog will make everyone come back for more!
I love pancakes! Especially when they have an interesting twist like that fluffy sourdough, that lemon ricotta, or those To Die For Cornbread Pancakes!
What are eggnog pancakes?
If you’re wondering what exactly are eggnog pancakes and how they taste, then I’m here to tell you! I mean, pancakes are a staple in every household, right? They’re quick, easy, and almost everyone loves them. So why not try some pancakes like these that contain new and delicious flavors! (Like these Pumpkin Spice Pancakes or these Delicious Cinnamon Roll Pancakes). These eggnog pancakes are super fluffy and have the perfect texture. Then, instead of using milk to tie them all together, use eggnog!
By using eggnog in the batter, you bring in that classic holiday flavor without being too overwhelming. If you like eggnog but need to add some sprite because it’s too rich on its own … then these pancakes are for you! They’re the perfect combination of a delicious taste, but it’s not so overwhelming that you can only take a bite or two in it. I bet you love her so much that you have a hard time quitting after just one! Try topping them with this homemade caramel sauce to really take them to the next level!
Ingredients for eggnog pancakes
Grab your eggnog at the store and these pancakes will be super simple and easy! In fact, you probably have everything else to do at home already! For a list of the exact measurements, see the recipe card below.
- egg: A large egg at room temperature mixes best!
- Oil: I used canola oil for this recipe, but you can use anything you have on hand.
- Advocaat: You can use store-bought eggnog or try making this eggnog recipe! It’s super delicious!
- Vanilla: The vanilla is used to add a little bit of flavor!
- flour: All purpose flour is what I used in this recipe.
- Salt: This will improve the flavors of all the other ingredients!
- Sugar: You don’t need too much to sweeten these pancakes.
- Baking powder: This will help your pancakes rise and become soft and fluffy!
- Cinammon: I like to add some cinnamon to give it a little more flavor.
Let’s make some pancakes!
These eggnog pancakes are prepared in just a few minutes and you will soon be enjoying such a delicious holiday meal! Trust me, you don’t want to miss this!
- Whisk and combine: In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, eggnog, and vanilla. Mix the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Cook and turn: Preheat a pan over medium heat. Then spray with cooking spray and pour about ⅓ cup of the batter onto the warm pan. As soon as it bubbles, turn it over and bake until golden brown.
Making pancakes is super easy, anyone can do it! Here are a few tips to help make these eggnog pancakes perfect!
- Make sure your baking soda is fresh! If your baking soda is old, you will end up with flat pancakes. If you want soft and fluffy pancakes, be sure to check the expiration date just in case!
- Do not overmix: Mixing too much or setting your mixer on a high mix will add more air to your dough and make it sticky and rubbery. So just use a whisk to mix it all up!
- Ingredients at room temperature: I know this may take some thought, but it really helps! Make sure to take out any chilled ingredients and place them on the counter before you start baking. If you bring your ingredients to room temperature they mix really well and make the batter really smooth!
If you have a few left over of these eggnog pancakes, there are several ways to save them!
- Refrigerate: Once the pancakes have cooled, place them in an airtight container and put them in your fridge! They last 3-4 days.
- Freezer: If you want to create an additional batch to save for later, you can! Once your baked pancakes have cooled, place them all on a baking sheet so they don’t touch each other. Then place them in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until they are frozen. Take them out and put them in a ziplock bag (which is labeled with the date!) And seal it tightly. They last up to 2 months!
- Warm up: Put your frozen pancake in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until it is heated through. Enjoy!
More delicious pancake recipes
Pancakes are the best. You can have them for breakfast or dinner and there are so many different types to try! I’ve put together a few of my favorites. There are classic buttermilks and those that have a bit more uniqueness, like these egg liqueurs! Try one or try all of them I’m sure you will find something you love!
In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, eggnog, and vanilla. Mix the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Preheat a pan or grill pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and pour about ⅓ cup of the batter onto the warm pan. As soon as it bubbles, turn it over and bake until golden brown.
portion1pancakesCalories78kcal (4%)carbohydrates13thG (4%)protein3G (6%)fat2G (3%)Saturated Fat1G (5%)Polyunsaturated fat1GMonounsaturated fatty acids1GTrans fats1Gcholesterol31mg (10%)sodium71mg (3%)potassium263mg (8th%)fiber1G (4%)sugar4thG (4%)Vitamin A77IE (2%)vitamin C1mg (1%)calcium126mg (13%)iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Every recipe and nutritional value depends on the brands, measuring methods and serving sizes used per household.
keyword Eggnog pancakes