Wow your guests this holiday season with these amazing bacon wrapped honey glazed carrots! They are sassy and tender with the perfect mix of sweet and savory!
Carrots make the best sides! Garlic butter parmesan, brown butter honey, and honey orange carrots are all impeccable. These flavors go so well with soft and sweet baked carrots! You have to try them on your next dinner.
Easy bacon-wrapped carrot recipe with honey glaze
Carrots are one of my favorite vegetables as a side dish because they are so versatile! Their soft but delicate texture and sweet taste make them perfect for so many different dishes. It is the best! For today’s recipe, I took these versatile vegetables, wrapped them in bacon, and then smothered them in a honey icing. Do i have to say more? After baking, these simple ingredients combine to create an absolutely delicious side. Honey-glazed carrots wrapped in bacon are tender, cheeky and full of flavor! Simple and tasty, maybe they’ll get a place at your Christmas dinner this year!
Also, the great thing about carrots as a side dish is that they’re full of antioxidants and beta-carotene! Tender, tasty vegetables that also fight diseases and support healthy organs? Count me in! You will love everything about these delicious bacon wrapped carrots! They’re right at the top of some of my favorite vegetable side dishes of all time – lemon-honey-garlic-asparagus and green garlic-parmesan-beans. I am sure you will love her as much as I do! They are tasty and hearty and look amazing on a plate.
Ingredients for carrots wrapped in bacon
Only 5 simple ingredients are needed to make these bad guys! It’s as easy as it gets. If you’re looking for measurements, you can find them all in the recipe card below!
- Whole carrots: Using whole carrots makes it easier to wrap in bacon! It’s super easy, just peel, wrap, and bake!
- Bacon: I use thinly sliced bacon in this recipe, but feel free to experiment with your favorite variety!
- Sweetheart: For the sweet, amazing glaze!
- Salt pepper: Add to taste. Salt and pepper help balance out the sweetness.
- Fresh parsley: The perfect aromatic finish! Makes the dish look pretty too!
Let’s bake these carrots!
If Christmas dinner preparation gets a little hectic, this recipe is for you! It’s super easy, just peel your carrots, wrap them up, and toss them in the oven! This is one of my favorite recipes for feeding large crowds because it’s so easy to make.
- Preheat the oven, prepare the pan: Preheat oven to 425 ° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put aside.
- Wash and peel: Select 12 carrots of similar size and thickness from the package. Wash and peel the carrots. Leave the carrots whole, do not cut the ends.
- Wrap: Next, wrap a piece of bacon tightly around each carrot. Overlap the ends so the bacon is in place. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast meat: Place on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes or until the carrots are tender and the bacon is crispy.
- Prepare the glaze: In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the honey for 20 seconds to make it easier to glaze the honey. Brush the carrots with the warm honey.
- Caramelize: Return the carrots to the oven for the last 5 minutes. Remove when the honey starts bubbling and the bacon is golden brown and crispy. If you want the bacon crispier, you can grill the oven for about 1 minute, but watch it very carefully or it will burn.
- Garnish and serve: Finally, take the carrots out of the oven and serve! If desired, garnish carrots wrapped in bacon with freshly chopped parsley.
Making the best carrots
Here are a few easy ways to upgrade and customize your bacon-wrapped honey-glazed carrots! Everyone in my house absolutely loves these, I’m sure you and you will too!
- Use a grill: Instead of baking your carrots, you can grill or smoke them too! Cook directly on the grill racks. It gives them an extra smoky, delicious taste!
- Swap honey: Maple syrup can be used in place of honey for another variation of this dish. It gives the carrots an almost caramel-like taste!
- Make It Low Carbohydrate: If you want a low-carb version of this side dish, skip the honey icing. You still have a hearty, flavorful treat!
- Add herbs: Aside from salt and pepper, you can add other herbs to add flavor to your carrots! I like to add flavors like rosemary and basil. A touch of cinnamon or nutmeg is also great, especially for the holidays!
Delicious dinner pairings
These delicious baked carrots go well with almost anything, but I especially like to serve them with meat dishes! They’re the perfect accompaniment to chicken, beef, pork, fish, whatever! You will prepare a meal worthy of a fancy steakhouse!
Store leftover honey-glazed carrots wrapped in bacon
These amazing carrots are best served straight out of the oven, but this is how you can enjoy them a few days later!
- In the refrigerator: Store carrots wrapped in bacon in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Warm up: You can reheat your carrots on the stovetop over medium heat or put them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until warm.
More great vegetable side dishes
No meal is complete without a side dish of vegetables! This is how you get your daily dose of vegetables and make them taste good at the same time! Any of these simple side dishes will complement any of your vacation dinners perfectly.
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put aside.
Select 12 carrots of similar size and thickness from the package. Wash and peel the carrots. Leave the carrots whole, do not cut the ends.
Tightly wrap a piece of bacon around each carrot. Overlap the ends so that the bacon is in place. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes or until the carrots are tender and the bacon is crispy.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the honey for 20 seconds to make it easier to glaze the honey. Brush the carrots with warm honey.
Return the carrots to the oven for the last 5 minutes. Remove when the honey starts bubbling and the bacon is golden brown and crispy. If you want the bacon crispier, you can grill the oven for about 1 minute, but watch it very carefully or it will burn.
Take the carrots out of the oven and serve! Garnish the carrots with freshly chopped parsley if you like.
A grill or smoker can be used instead of the oven. Simply cook the carrots directly on the grill racks.
Maple syrup can also be used instead of honey. Or a combination of honey and maple syrup.
For these amounts of this recipe, use approximately 12 whole carrots and 12 pieces of bacon.
It can be difficult to find 12 carrots of the same size in one package. Getting a 2 pound bag is helpful so that you can choose from many different size options.
Calories783kcal (39%)carbohydrates26thG (9%)protein1G (2%)fat76G (117%)Saturated Fat30thG (150%)Polyunsaturated fat9GMonounsaturated fatty acids34Gcholesterol72mg (24%)sodium218mg (9%)potassium491mg (14%)fiber4thG (16%)sugar19thG (21%)Vitamin A25259IE (505%)vitamin C9mg (11%)calcium51mg (5%)iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Every recipe and nutritional value depends on the brands, measuring methods and serving sizes used per household.
keyword carrots wrapped in bacon