May 11, 2022
I love roasting veggies because the heat of the oven caramelizes the natural sugars in the veggies, which really intensifies the flavor and adds a subtle natural sweetness. This vegetable combination is one of my favorites and makes a filling lunch, appetizer, or side dish with roast or grilled meats.
Although these veggies don’t need a fancy sauce or dressing to finish them off, a light vinaigrette helps the flavors meld together. You can use colored carrots if you like, and choose plump, fresh fennel bulbs and small to medium-sized red onions.
Enjoy your meal!
Deborah Mele 2022
2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 4-inch strips
3 medium red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
2 medium-sized, plump fennel bulbs, cut into wedges
4 tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, then place the carrots on one sheet and the fennel and onions on the other.
- Drizzle the vegetables with the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Fry, tossing a few times, until the vegetables are golden and tender, about 25 minutes for the carrots and 30 minutes for the onion and fennel.
- Cool to room temperature and arrange on a platter.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette and drizzle over the vegetables.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Serving size: 1
Amount per serving:
Calories: 244total fat: 18gSaturated Fatty Acids: 3gTrans fats: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0 mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g