If you’re looking for the perfect side dish that goes with everything, then this Lemon Garlic Broccolini is for you! It’s seasoned with delicious flavors and roasted to perfection!
Adding fresh vegetables to every meal is always a good idea! Especially when you have a few good ones on hand that go with almost anything. Try those glazed carrots, grilled asparagus, or delicious roasted cauliflower with parmesan and you’ll have the perfect accompaniment to anything!
What is broccolini?
We all know and love broccoli (ok, some of us don’t, but if you need convincing, try this recipe!), but what is broccoli? Broccolini is also known as baby broccoli. It has long stems and small flowers at the top. You can eat the whole thing and boy, when you fry it, it’s delicious!
This Lemon Garlic Broccolini is a delicious side dish that goes with anything, but I especially love pairing it with chicken! The lemon flavor really spices up the dish and makes it stand out. Then when you add that garlic it really marries all the flavors so well. Not only do I love using it as a side, but because it’s so quick and easy I sometimes make it as an afternoon snack too! After all, it’s healthier than reaching for my plain peanut butter cookies!
Ingredients in Lemon Garlic Broccolini
Once you see how easy it is, you’ll be making this recipe again and again! You can find the exact measurements on the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Broccoli: You can find this in the produce section of your grocery store!
- Olive oil: This creates moisture and a base for the ingredients to mix together.
- Garlic cloves: You can mince fresh garlic cloves or used minced garlic. 1 clove is about half a teaspoon of minced garlic.
- lemon juice: This adds a bright and fresh taste.
- Parmesan Cheese: A little cheese is enough for this delicious side.
- Salt and Black Pepper: Use as much or as little salt and pepper as you like!
How to make Roasted Lemon Garlic Broccolini
This part is so easy! In just three steps you are on the way to this delicious vegetarian side dish. I love it when veggies can taste so delicious at the end! It sure makes it a lot easier to get my kids to eat them.
- Preparation: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the broccolini on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Combine: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, grated Parmesan, and salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the broccolini and rub to cover completely.
- Bake: Bake for 10-15 minutes or until soft and crispy.
This dish is best served fresh, but if you have leftover Lemon Garlic Broccolini then I have some tips for storing it and reheating it later.
- In the refrigerator: Once your roasted broccolini has cooled, you can store it in an airtight container in your refrigerator. It takes 3-4 days.
- To warm up: Place your leftovers on a baking sheet and cook at 375 degrees for 5-10 minutes.
Make it a meal!
Serve this with an entree and a few other sides and you have a delicious meal yourself! I love to mix and match so the possibilities are endless, but I’ve rounded up a few of my favorites that I think would pair well with this broccolini!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the broccolini on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, grated Parmesan, and salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the broccolini and rub to cover completely.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until tender and crispy.
calories115kcal (6%)carbohydrates6G (2%)protein3G (6%)Fat10G (fifteen%)Saturated Fatty Acids2G (10%)Polyunsaturated fat1GMonounsaturated fatty acids7Gcholesterol1mgsodium55mg (2%)potassium251mg (7%)fiber2G (8th%)sugar1G (1%)Vitamin A486ie (10%)vitamin C70mg (85%)calcium52mg (5%)iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is an estimate only. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary per household based on the brands you use, measurement methods, and serving sizes.
keyword Broccolini, Lemon Garlic Broccolini