Slow cooker brisket is delicious! Perfectly tender and juicy, this piece of beef is enriched with the most amazing flavors! Use it for your next family dinner and everyone will go crazy for it!
A piece of beef coated in a delicious sauce that slices open like butter is something you won’t want to be without! Pair it with that amazing Italian chopped salad, those soft potato rolls and have that sweet classic chocolate cake for dessert! Then you really have a meal that everyone will remember!
What is a brisket?
I love meat that is so juicy and tender! This recipe takes the meat to the next level by topping it with a sweet rub and some BBQ sauce. It’s delicious! Slow cooker brisket is a piece of meat that you cook all day. What is unique about a beef brisket is that it retains its shape when cooked so you can cut it into slices. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t tender! You’re going to put it on your fork and it gets so juicy that it crumbles in your mouth? It is so good!
This slow cooker beef brisket takes some time to cook, but man is it worth it! It takes all day in your slow cooker, but luckily, you don’t have to be around for this part of the cooking! You just get it ready and put it in the slow cooker. Then come home with the most amazing smell in your house and food ready to hit your table! Cook it for dinner this week. You will not regret it!
Ingredients you will need for this slow cooker beef brisket
You don’t need fancy ingredients for this restaurant-quality meat! You will likely already have all of the ingredients in your pantry! For a list of the exact dimensions, see the recipe card below.
- Beef brisket: I always like to use a flat cut for this recipe. To get the best, just ask your local butcher to pick a flat piece of brisket for you!
- Brown sugar: Using brown sugar is the best way to add a sweet taste to this recipe.
- Paprika: I love using paprika as a condiment. It brings a unique taste that has no heat!
- Garlic powder: You can never go wrong with garlic flavored on meat!
- Onion powder: This onion powder is used to flavor the meat and gives it a delicious, subtle taste.
- Salt and pepper: These spices will enhance the other flavors that make this meat so delicious!
- Onion: You’re going to quarter the onion to put in the slow cooker with the meat!
- Grill sauce: You can use this amazing homemade BBQ sauce recipe or use your favorite BBQ sauce.
How to Make Slow Cooker Beef Brisket
This slow cooker beef brisket takes some time, but it’s passed down completely! All you have to do is prep it and let it cook by itself all day. It’s so easy and totally worth the wait!
- Prepare and rub meat: Prepare the brisket by cutting off the fat. In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper together. Rub generously on each side of the brisket and place it on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cook: Place the onion in the slow cooker, then add the BBQ sauce. Cook for 8-10 hours on low or 5-6 hours on high.
Tips for cooking meat in a slow cooker
Whether you use your slow cooker all the time or are new to it, this recipe is a great place to start! Cooking meat in a slow cooker really makes meat incredibly tender and juicy! Here are some tips to make the most of it!
- Cut beef: The best cut for this is of course a brisket! That’s nice, it keeps its shape even if it’s tender. Then it can be cut easily! If you can’t get your hands on a beef brisket, the best substitute for it is a roast beef.
- The fat on the cut: Usually you cut off the fat on your meat before it’s cooked! But if you want an extra juicy piece of meat in this case, you can leave that until afterwards. The fat prevents the beef from drying out during cooking. You can cut away the fat once you’re ready to cut and serve! This is how it gets extra juicy!
- Let it rest !! This is one of the most important steps that you cannot skip! Once your meat is done cooking and you take it out and place it on a platter, don’t touch it! Leave it alone for about 10 minutes. This is when the meat actually absorbs most of these juices. So if you cut into it too early, it dries up. Don’t let slow cooking go to waste! Let the meat rest!
Slow cooker beef brisket leftovers are so delicious! Follow these instructions and you can enjoy it just as tender and juicy on day 2!
- Refrigerator: Once your brisket has cooled, place it in an airtight container and place it in your refrigerator. It takes 3-4 days!
- Warm up: To reheat your brisket and keep it juicy, preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Take your leftover brisket out of the refrigerator and let it sit on a baking sheet on your countertop for 20 minutes. Cover with some beef stock. Cover the brisket with a thick layer of foil and make sure it is sealed tight with no holes! Bake your sliced brisket for 20 minutes and enjoy tender and juicy meat round 2!
Make it a meal
I love this slow cooker brisket recipe! It’s a great option when you need something nicer and fancier but don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen! To make it even easier, I came up with a few more side dishes that make this whole meal complete! Go ahead and cook, you have a delicious meal waiting to be eaten!
Calories680kcal (34%)carbohydrates36G (12%)protein72G (144%)fat26G (40%)Saturated fat9G (45%)Polyunsaturated fat1GMonounsaturated fatty acids12thGcholesterol211mg (70%)sodium1588mg (66%)potassium1373mg (39%)fiber2G (8th%)sugar28G (31%)Vitamin A655IE (13%)vitamin C3mg (4%)calcium56mg (6%)iron7thmg (39%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Every recipe and nutritional value depends on the brands, measuring methods and serving sizes used per household.
course Dinner, main course
keyword Brisket, Slow Cooker Brisket