I love corn in all shapes and sizes, and these hearty cornmeal pancakes are one of my favorite brunch or lunch specials.
2 cups of cornmeal / cornmeal
1 cup of milk
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 finely chopped herbs: parsley, dill, mint or chives, choose one.
1/2 cup hard-to-melt cheese like crumbled feta, small diced halloumi, or Turkish Tulum goat cheese (I use a mix of Syrian halloumi and Turkish Tulum goat cheese)
1/2 pitted and chopped black olives
– Whisk eggs, milk, oil and yoghurt together.
– Add corn flour, baking powder, salt and mix.
– Add cheese, herbs and olives and fold into the batter.
– Heat a coated pan on medium heat, lightly grease the pan and drop the pancake batter with a spoon. These are similar to old fashioned pancakes, a little thick. ~ Let boil for 1-2 minutes, check the bottom and turn over. Let simmer for another minute.
– Serve with butter or some kind of spreadable cheese on top as there is not too much cheese.