This super easy side dish is delicious, full of flavor and has the perfect crunchy crunch on the outside. This air fryer broccolini takes less than 10 minutes to make and can be paired with almost any meal!
Cooking side dishes in the air fryer is one of my favorites because they taste good and there’s no mess. Try a few more of my favorites like these Air Fryer Crab Cakes, these French Fries, or these Corn on the Cob.
What is broccolini?
I love air frying veggies and this broccolini is no exception! Broccolini (sometimes called baby broccoli) is similar to regular broccoli except it has longer stems and small florets at the top. It has the same taste and texture, but I love using broccolini because I like that it’s a bit bigger.
The reason I love making broccolini in my air fryer is because of the texture! I’m a fan of roasting veggies and this recipe does the same thing but in half the time and without the mess. I love to pair my broccolini with chicken and potatoes and make a meal out of it!
Ingredients for broccolini from the air fryer
This broccolini is coated in a delicious lemon garlic parmesan sauce. It has the best taste! You can find the exact measurements on the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Broccoli: You can find this at your local grocery store along with all the other fresh veggies.
- Olive oil: I like to use regular olive oil. But you can use extra virgin olive oil instead if you have that.
- Garlic cloves: If you don’t have fresh garlic cloves, you can use minced garlic. ½ teaspoon is about 1 clove of garlic.
- Fresh Lemon Juice: I love the bright splash of flavor this brings.
- Parmesan cheese: You mix this into the sauce and sprinkle it over it just before you cook the broccolini.
- Salt and Black Pepper: You can add as much or as little of these spices as you like to suit your taste.
How to make air fryer broccolini
You will love this Easy Air Fryer Broccolini Recipe! It’s so delicious and easy to make and the cooking time is so short you can whip it up just before dinner.
- whisk: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, and salt and pepper.
- Pour: Place your broccolini in the air fryer basket and pour the mixture over it.
- Rub: Coat the broccolini by rubbing the sauce over each stalk.
- sprinkle: Sprinkle the top with the remaining grated parmesan.
- Cook: Cook in air fryer at 380 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until crisp and tender.
Tips for air fryers
Before you start making broccolini in your air fryer, I recommend a few tips to ensure your food is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Do not overfill the basket: The most important rule (in my opinion) is that you don’t try to fill the air fryer basket with too much food at once. If you overfill the basket and your food touches, it won’t cook evenly. The parts that touch remain mushy and you don’t get that delicious and crispy crust that the air fryer is known for! Cook them in a single layer for best results.
- Shake the basket: Shake the basket well throughout the cooking process! This helps the food cook and brown more evenly. I like to make this with fries, veggies, and anything I want to get crispy and really browned. Simply open the basket a few times during cooking, shake to toss ingredients in, and replace basket to continue cooking.
More Air Fryer side dishes
This broccolini is a great side dish because it tastes good and is quick and easy. I just wanted to round up a few more of my favorites that will become your favorite side dishes all year round!
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, and salt and pepper.
Place your broccolini in the air fryer and pour the mixture over it.
Rub everything on top until the broccolini is coated.
Sprinkle the top with the remaining grated parmesan.
Cook at 380 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until crisp and tender.
calories181kcal (9%)carbohydrates9G (3%)protein5G (10%)FatfifteenG (23%)Saturated Fatty Acids3G (fifteen%)Polyunsaturated fat2GMonounsaturated fatty acids10Gcholesterol3mg (1%)sodium118mg (5%)potassium377mg (11%)fiber3G (12%)sugar2G (2%)Vitamin A746ie (fifteen%)vitamin C105mg (127%)calcium116mg (12%)iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is an estimate only. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary per household based on the brands you use, measurement methods, and serving sizes.
keyword Hot air fryer, broccolini