You MUST TRY these crockpot mashed potatoes! They’re so creamy and delicious, plus they’re super easy to make! That makes them the perfect side dish for every meal.
If you love a hearty meal with a tasty side dish of mashed potatoes, you should definitely make this roast lamb, pot roast or great chicken! They melt in your mouth and taste SOO GOOD.
Crockpot mashed potatoes
I cook a lot of meat as a main course! There are so many different recipes! And if I can find meat that falls off the bone easily, it’s a winner in my book. But … when I cook such a large meal, my side dishes have to be just as tasty! The thing is, they can’t take too much work. Because let’s face it, the only time someone is ready to cook all day is Thanksgiving, right ?!
So this is where those crockpot mashed potatoes come in! All you have to do is cut them up and put them in the crockpot! Then mash it with a few ingredients and you’re done! Soon you will be eating the tastiest, creamiest potatoes ever! And when it’s that simple, you have a recipe to come back to again and again! Go ahead and try them out. You’ll never make them any other way again!
Ingredients for crockpot mashed potatoes
Not only is this recipe so easy to make, but the ingredients list is short and sweet! See the recipe card below for a list of the exact ingredient dimensions.
- potatoes: I use rust-red potatoes for this recipe! When you cut open, make sure they are all roughly the same size. This will help them cook more evenly!
- Chicken soup: I like to use chicken broth instead of water because it gives these potatoes an extra flavor!
- Half and half: Using half and half instead of milk will make your potatoes creamier!
- Butter: I like to use unsalted butter for this. That way I don’t have to worry about changing the amount of salt!
- Salt and pepper: Classic spices for a classic dish!
Let’s cook some potatoes!
Before preparing your main course, you can prepare this crockpot mashed potato for a boil! They’re so creamy and perfect because they cook all day. And the best part is that once you put them in this crockpot, you can forget about them until they’re done!
- Boil potatoes in chicken broth: In a 5 liter crockpot, add the diced potatoes and the chicken stock. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or until fork is tender.
- Add ingredients: Add half and half, butter, salt, and pepper. Mash the potatoes to the desired consistency with a hand pounder or hand mixer.
Tips for cooking mashed potatoes
These crockpot mashed potatoes are SO GOOD. You’ll want to eat them straight out of the crockpot! Here are some tips to get it spot on!
- Potatoes: If you want a slightly different taste, you can use Yukon Gold Potatoes instead!
- Keep potatoes hot: Make sure to keep your potatoes hot until you’re ready to mash them. This will help the butter melt right in it. In addition, the other ingredients mix better. Once you’re done mashing, put the lid back on and turn the crockpot on warm until you’re ready to serve!
- Do not overmix: If you keep mixing your potatoes after they’re mashed and done, they can turn rubbery. Just mix them together until all of the lumps are out and then you’re done!
Hopefully you’ve had enough of that yummy crockpot mashed potato to hit for leftovers the next day! They are so good and super easy to stow away.
- Refrigerator: Once your crockpot mashed potatoes cool, place them in an airtight container. Put them in your fridge and they will last up to 3 days!
- Warm up: When you’re ready to eat your leftovers, take them out and heat them up in the microwave! Cook them on high for about 1 minute or until heated through.
Make a meal out of it!
Whether you’re making mashed potatoes for your Thanksgiving festival or just a weekday dinner for the family, I’ve come up with a few other recipes to complete your meal! Here are a few ideas that go perfectly with these potatoes! Cook one or cook them all and turn this into a super tasty meal that your family will go crazy for!
- In a 5 liter crockpot, add the diced potatoes and chicken stock. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or until fork is tender.
- Add half and half, butter, salt, and pepper. Mash the potatoes to the desired consistency with a hand pounder or hand mixer.
Calories347kcal (17%)carbohydrates52G (17%)protein7thG (14%)fat14thG (22%)Saturated Fat8thG (40%)Polyunsaturated fat1GMonounsaturated fatty acids4thGTrans fats1Gcholesterol36mg (12%)sodium665mg (28%)potassium1230mg (35%)fiber4thG (16%)sugar2G (2%)Vitamin A412IE (8th%)vitamin C18thmg (22%)calcium59mg (6%)iron3mg (17%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Every recipe and nutritional value depends on the brands, measuring methods and serving sizes used per household.
keyword Crockpot mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes