Menemen, Turkish style scrambled eggs, is enjoyed both as breakfast and as a healthy meal. Best in summer when there are plenty of sweet green chilies and juicy tomatoes. The best thing about men is whether you are a great chef or an aspiring chef you can't go wrong with Men;; The ingredients ensure the taste. Must have traditional ingredients for Men include eggs, tomatoes, peppers (preferably sweet green peppers), parsley and the controversial "onion": people in Turkey are divided when it comes to having men with or without onions. I am a lifelong member of the "no onions" camp.
So i do Men for four:
6 eggs, beaten well
4-5 juicy tomatoes, diced
4 fresh peppers, finely chopped (if you can't find sweet green chilies, you can use sweet Italian peppers or shishitos, banana peppers or any pepper you like)
1/2 bunch of flat parsley, finely chopped
1/3 cup feta / white cheese, diced fresh mozzarella, cottage cheese, or any type of cheese you want to try.
1-2 tbsp oil or butter
2 teaspoons of spicy pepper flakes
1 teaspoon black pepper
If you must: 1 small onion, finely chopped
Nothing is set in stone so you can use more or less of all of the above.
– (If you want to try menemen with onions, heat oil in a pan and add onions. Cook on medium heat until soft but not browned.)
– Add fresh peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes.
– Once cooked, add tomatoes and salt. Wait until the tomatoes are dark red in color and cook them down a little.
– Stir in the beaten eggs. Stir constantly.
– Just before the eggs cook, add cheese and chopped parsley of your choice.
– Serve with bread.